We all have them. The lucky ones. The comfy ones. The good luck ones. The Sexy ones. The ones you wear when you want to lounge around on a day of eternal slumber.
The Modern Hussy believes that everyday should start with a pair of good panties. This seemingly irrelevant choice WILL affect how your day goes, even if no one but you knows what you have under there. I guarantee.
The following is a concise guide to your undergarments.
- Go to your underwear drawer RIGHT NOW. Take out all your C grade underwear. Put them in the garbage. The end. No one should ever wear panties that are ripped, frayed, faded from too many washes, saggy from the elastic giving out or stained. Ew. I don’t care if it is a pudding stain from when you were eating snacks on the couch on that really hot day with minimal clothes on- THROW THEM OUT. There is no reason why you should EVER wear bad underwear. You should put on your favourite pair that makes your ass look like an upside down heart especially on days when you wish you did not have to get out of bed, even if you are wearing tracky pants over them.
- VPLs suck large. Why must women ruin a perfect view of their high waisted jersey skirted behind with thick seam lines from a pair of boy shorts? There is a time and a place for all types of undergarments. When you are wearing bum clinging cotton, you should opt out for seamless panties, thongs or V-strings. Smooth booty is what you want. (Note that V-strings give you a bit more fabric than their close cousin the G-string, which is a definite plus)
- Boy Shorts are great for those comfy hanging out days. I enjoy ones with HelloKitty or messages written on the bum. Please note that these are to be avoided when you are going to be hanging out in your skivvies with a new lover who’s panty preferences you are unaware of. Nothing kills the mood more than undressing a girl who looks like a twelve year old boy.
- Cotton over synthetic. As much as possible. Unfortunately seamless and lacy underwear is usually made from lycra or polyester, but we need those for certain occasions. Try to avoid the really shiny fake ones that scream cheap hooker and opt out for soft and well tailored fabric.
- Choose more bum coverage for days when you are hanging out mostly naked with your lover. A thong hides nothing, and while it is ok by nighttime, you might feel a little vulnerable showing that much bum while you two are cooking breakfast or whatever. This is a perfect occasion for your cutest hipster briefs.
- Underwear is where you should have fun. Pick out good colours and girly details in just the right places. Especially if your wardrobe is mostly made up of subdued hues, a hidden splash of dusty rose, fluo yellow or teal is definitely in order. Every girl should have her basic black, white and red, however.
- Note that you do not have to pay a lot of money for good undies. H&M or equivalent has some great finds at bargain prices. Note also that owning a couple of pairs of branded expensive goodness does make certain days brighter. Invest in a couple of pairs of grade A panties.
- Squats. I can’t stress this enough. A good bum is possible for all with only a little bit of effort. Do three sets of squats everyday for a week and then check out your behind in the mirror.
- Size matters. Please please please, wear panties that actually fit you. Too small can create so many unflattering bulges and rolls even if you are totally the right size.
- Matching top and bottom is ace.